Last Updated: 01 May, 2023 | Views: 380
Other Profession(s): Racing Driver
Famous For: Tamil Film Actor And Racer
Higher Education: Intermediate
Net Worth: $25 Million
Ajith Kumar is an Indian actor who primarily appears in Tamil films. He has featured in over 60 Tamil films to date. Four Vijay Awards, three Cinema Express Awards, three Filmfare Awards South, and three Tamil Nadu State Film Awards are among his honors. Ajith is a motor car racer who competed in the MRF Racing series in addition to acting (2010). He was named to the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list three times, based on the total earnings of Indian celebrities.
In April 2000, Ajith Kumar married actress Shalini in Chennai. The couple has two children: Daughter Anoushka and son Aadvik.
In 1990 - Ajith made his acting debut in a one-scene role as a schoolchild in the film "En Veedu En Kanavar."
In 1995 – "Aasai" was Ajith's first box office blockbuster film as a leading actor.
In 2001 – His film "Citizen," which featured him in 10 different outfits, was a box office success.
In 2010 – Ajith's film "Aasal" had a grand opening at the box office.
In 2022 – He appeared in the film "Valimai," which made more than ₹1.5 billion worldwide.
Achievements and Awards
• In 2001: He received the Special Best Actor Award from the Tamil Nadu State for the film "Poovellam Un Vasam."
• In 2006: Ajith won the Filmfare Best Actor Award for the film "Varalaru."
• In 2015: Ajith received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Tamil in the 63rd Filmfare Awards South for the film "Yennai Arindhaal."
• He joined the F1A Formula Two Championship in 2010. Ajith is also recognized for performing solo motorbike and car stunts.
• Before becoming a celebrity, Ajith Kumar worked as a salesman for a fabric export company. Thala Ajith was on his way to becoming a successful businessman when the company failed.