Last Updated: 01 Feb, 2023 | Views: 759
Other Profession(s): Comedian
Famous For: Honoured with the Padma Shri
Higher Education: M.A (Telugu)
Net Worth: $45 Million
Kanneganti Brahmanandam, popular as Brahmanandam, is an actor, impersonator, comedian, and director from India who is best known for his work in Telugu cinema. He currently holds the Guinness World Record for the most screen credits for a living actor, appearing in over 1000 films. Brahmanandam is well-known for his comic expressions. He is one of India's highest-paid comedy actors, having won six CineMAA Awards, three South Indian International Movie Awards, one Filmfare Award South, and six state Nandi Awards.
In 1985 – Brahmanandam started his career with DD Telugu's show “Pakapakalu.”
In 1987 – He appeared in the comedy-drama film "Aha Naa-Pellanta!"
In 1988 – His performance in the film "Vivaha Bhojanambu" and "Choopulu Kalisina Shubhavela" was highly regarded.
In 1999 – Brahmanandam acted in the film "Thammudu," which was a big success for him.
In 2000 – He starred in the four successful films "Kshemamga Velli Labhamga Randi," "Kalisundam Raa," "Jayam Manade Raa," and "Ammo! Okato Tareekhu."
Achievements and Awards
• In 1993 – He won Nandi Award for Best Male Comedian for the film "Money."
• In 2009 – Brahmanandam was awarded the Padma Shri, India's fourth-highest civilian honor, for his contributions to Indian cinema.
• In 2014 – He got SIIMA Award for Best Comedian (Telugu) for his brilliant performance in the film "Race Gurram,"
• Brahmanandam works as a Telugu lecturer. In 1987, he made his Tollywood debut in Jandhyala's Aha Naa Pellanta.
• Brahmanandam holds the Guinness World Record for appearing in most films (over 1000).