Last Updated: 25 May, 2023 | Views: 127
Other Profession(s): Writer, Comedian, Podcaster
Famous For: Stand Up Comedy “Chris D'Elia: Man on Fire”
Higher Education: High School
Christopher William D'Elia is one of the best known stand-up comedians. He was born on March 29, 1980. In addition to acting and writing, he also hosts podcasts. Popular character on NBC television is Alex Miller on Whitney, Danny Burton on Undateable, Kenny on The Good Doctor, and Henderson on Netflix's thriller You. D'Elia faces allegations of sexual misconduct involving underage girls, leading to significant backlash and the cancellation of some of his upcoming projects. He releases a statement denying the allegations.
Chris D'Elia Career:
• Chris D'Elia Debut: In 2004, Chris D'Elia makes his television debut with a guest role in the sitcom "The Mullets."
• 2006: D'Elia lands a recurring role in the TV series "Boston Legal," portraying the character of Jason Blade.
• 2008: Chris D'Elia appears in the film "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" directed by Woody Allen, playing the role of Bud.
• 2009: D'Elia stars in the short-lived NBC sitcom "Whitney," created by Whitney Cummings. He portrays the character of Alex Green and gains recognition for his comedic performance.
• 2013: He releases his debut stand-up comedy special titled "White Male. Black Comic." The special is well-received and showcases D'Elia's energetic and physical comedic style.
• 2016-2017: He stars in the TV series "Undateable," a multi-camera sitcom on NBC.
• 2017: D'Elia releases his third stand-up comedy special, "Chris D'Elia: Man on Fire," on Netflix.
• 2019: He stars in the thriller film "You," based on the novel by Caroline Kepnes. D'Elia portrays the character of Henderson, a comedian and alleged sexual predator.
Chris D'Elia Popular Film/TV Series:
• 2005: Bad Girls from Valley High
• 2012: Celeste and Jesse Forever
• 2017: Little Evil
• 2018: Half Magic
• 2018: Alone Together TV Series
• 2020: Life in a Year
Chris D'Elia Unknown Facts:
• Podcast: D'Elia hosts a podcast called "Congratulations with Chris D'Elia," where he shares his comedic observations, discusses current events, and engages with his audience. The podcast gained a significant following and provided a platform for D'Elia to showcase his humor beyond the stage.
• Social Media Presence: D'Elia has been active on social media platforms, particularly Twitter and Instagram. He has amassed a large following and often shares comedic content and interacts with his fans online.
• Netflix Specials: In 2013, D'Elia released his first stand-up special, "White Male. Black Comic.," on Netflix. He followed it up with another Netflix special in 2015, titled "Incorrigible." These specials further solidified his presence in the comedy scene.
Here're some popular profiles for you.