Last Updated: 25 Aug, 2023 | Views: 107
Famous For: His Roles In Le Minaret, Aphrodite, And L'Oedipe Roi De Bouhélier
Habib Benglia was born on 25 August 1895. He acted in French cinema between the 1930s and 1950s as a French-Algerian actor. He is best known for his roles in La Belle Équipe (1936), La Bandera (1935), and La Grande Illusion (1937). His profession started with performances in performs in Paris and Algeria. He appeared in the movie La Bandera in 1933. He starred in many films, including La Belle Équipe, La Grande Illusion, and La Règle du Jeu. He had two teens with actress Madeleine Renaud. He died in Paris in 1959.
Habib Benglia Career:
Habib Benglia Accomplishments Beyond Measure
• The passion Benglia had before the outbreak of war remained unshaken after WWI. He was cast as the lead in The Emperor Jones in 1923. In his 27th year, he became the first black actor to lead the French National Theater.
• Habib Benglia was open to more than acting alone in terms of creativity. He wrote performances that captured TV audiences, such as Un soir à Bamako (An Evening in Bamako) in 1950.
The Legacy Of Habib Benglia
• Habib Benglia had an undeniable screen presence. Dainah la Métisse, Sola, and Les Mystères de Paris are among his films. However, colonial cinema wasn't as welcoming, often typecasting him. However, he showed perseverance.
• His involvement in over a hundred plays proved him to be a pioneer of Black theater and film in France despite racial prejudices.
Habib Benglia: More Than Just An Actor
• Habib Benglia had to fight racism and prejudice every day. He has been an actor and a suggestion for over a hundred plays. He gave African-born actors a voice via his work.
• Habib Benglia is not simply remembered for his roles and for paving the way for future artists.
Habib Benglia Popular Filmography
• 1927: Yasmina
• 1931: Alone
• 1932: You Will Be a Duchess
• 1935: The Mysteries of Paris
• 1936: Nitchevo
• 1937: The Secrets of the Red Sea
• 1955: A Missionary
• 1958: The Roots of Heaven
Habib Benglia Popular Works:
• Le Minaret
• L’Oedipe Roi de Bouhélier.