Last Updated: 25 Mar, 2023 | Views: 454
Other Profession(s): Politician, Producer, Director
Famous For: His Works In Tamil, English, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, And Hindi-Language Films
Net Worth: $6 Million
Prakash Raj is an actor, producer, director, politician, and Television host from India. He has received numerous awards for his work in Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, and Hindi-language films, including three CineMAA Awards, five National Film Awards, eight Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, eight Nandi Awards, five Filmfare Awards South, four SIIMA Awards, and three Vijay Awards.
In 1994, He married actress Lalitha Kumari. Pooja and Meghana were the couple's daughters, and Sidhu, who died in 2004, was their son.
In 1988 – Prakash got his first supporting role in the film "Ranadheera."
In 2008 – He played a crucial role in the film "Abhiyum Naanum."
In 2004 – Prakash appeared in the film "Vasool Raja MBBS," which became a box-office blockbuster.
In 2010 – He made his directorial debut with film “Naanu Nanna Kanasu.”
In 2014 – Prakash produced "Oggarane," a romantic comedy film that became a huge big box office hit that year.
Achievements and Awards
• In 1997 – He was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for the film "Iruvar."
• In 2003 – Prakash received the Best Supporting Actor Award at International Tamil Film Awards for the film Kannathil Muthamittal."
• In 2012 – He won CineMAA Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film "Dookudu."
• Prakash is a theatre enthusiast with over 2,000 street theatrical performances. His first theatrical performance occurred in Class 7.
• He also played well-known roles in Hindi films, earning widespread acclaim, including Salman Khan's Wanted.
Here're some popular profiles for you.