Last Updated: 05 Oct, 2023 | Views: 487
Other Profession(s): Writer, Producer, Television Host, Director
Higher Education: B.Sc in Electronics
Net Worth: $14 Million
An actor, director, producer, and writer known for his work in Hindi and Tamil films is Ranganathan Madhavan. He’s gotten three Tamil Nadu State Film Awards and four Filmfare South Awards. Appearing in movies using seven different languages, he managed to capture the attention of people all throughout India.
In 1999, Madhavan married Sarita Birje before entering the mainstream film industry.
R. Madhavan Career
In 1996 – Madhavan debuted with a small role in the film "Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin."
In 2000 – Madhavan's breakthrough as an actor came with the success of his film "Alaipayuthey."
In 2004 – He appeared in the film "Run," which was a big success for him.
In 2006 – He acted with Amir Khan in the film "Rang De Basanti," which became a box-office blockbuster.
In 2015 – Madhavan starred alongside Kangana Ranaut in the film "Tanu Weds Manu Returns," which grossed ₹2.43 billion (US$32 million) globally, making it one of the top-grossing Bollywood films of the year.
R. Madhavan Achievements and Awards
• In 2000 – He won the Filmfare Award For Best Male Debut – South for the film "Alaipayuthey."
• In 2004 – Madhavan received Filmfare Award For Best Supporting Actor – Tamil for the film "Aaytha Ezhuthu."
• In 2017 – His performance in the film "Vikram Vedha" earned him the Filmfare Award For Best Actor (Critics) – South.
R. Madhavan Unknown Facts
• Madhavan is a vegetarian who was named the "Hottest Vegetarian" by PETA in 2010! He is an animal lover, so this is hardly surprising.
• He enjoys golf and is reportedly very good at it. In 2017, Madhavan won the qualification round of the Mumbai leg of the Mercedes Trophy Golf Meet and was even eligible for the National Finals.
Here're some popular profiles for you.