Last Updated: 09 May, 2022 | Views: 340
Higher Education: B.Tech
Net Worth: $29 Million
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Uppalapati Venkata Suryanarayana Prabhas Raju
Uppalapati Venkata Suryanarayana Prabhas Raju, well-known as Prabhas, is an Indian actor who works primarily in Telugu cinema. One of Indian cinema's highest-paid actors, Prabhas, has appeared three times on Forbes India's Celebrity 100 list since 2015, based on his earnings and popularity. He has been nominated for seven Filmfare Awards South and has won the Nandi Award and the SIIMA Award. A nephew of actor Krishnam Raju, he was born in Mogalthur, near Bhimavaram in West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh. He graduated from Nalanda College, Hyderabad, with an intermediate degree.
In 2002 - Prabhas began his movie career with the film "Eeswar."
In 2004 – His breakthrough came with the romantic action film "Varsham."
In 2015 – Prabhas appeared in the fourth-highest-grossing Indian film, "Baahubali: The Beginning."
In 2017 – His film "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" became the first Indian movie to gross more than ₹1,000 crores (US$155 million) in ten days and is now India's second most successful film ever.
In 2019 – Prabhas featured in the action thriller "Saaho," which grossed over ₹433 crores.
Achievements and Awards
• In 2010: His performance in "Darling" earned him the Critic's Choice Actor Award at the CineMAA Awards.
• In 2015: Prabhas won the Best Actor Award at Santosham Film Awards for the film "Baahubali: The Beginning."
• In 2017: He received the Best Actor (Telugu) Award at South Indian International Movie Awards for the film "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion."
• Prabhas is the first South Indian celebrity to have his wax sculpture at Madame Tussauds in Bangkok.
• Prabhas appeared in the movie Action Jackson in a guest role.