Last Updated: 25 May, 2023 | Views: 142
Other Profession(s): Producer
Famous For: Wednesday (Television Series)
Higher Education: Montclair High School
Christina Ricci, actress, and producer who was born on February 12, 1980. In addition to her work in independent productions, Ricci has also appeared in numerous box office hits. Two Primetime Emmys and a Golden Globe nomination have been made for her. Christina Ricci later worked as a real estate agent after becoming a Ford Agency model in the 1960s. Aside from teaching gym, working as a lawyer, counselor, and therapist for primal screams, her father had a variety of career paths. Based on her surname, Ricci claims to have Italian, Irish, and Scottish ancestry.
Christina Ricci Career:
• Christina Ricci Debut: In 1990, Ricci made her film debut in the comedy-drama "Mermaids," where she played the role of Kate Flax, alongside Cher and Winona Ryder.
• 1991: Christina Ricci gained critical acclaim for her portrayal of Wednesday Addams in the dark comedy film "The Addams Family." The role became one of her most iconic and helped establish her as a talented young actress.
• 1993: Ricci starred in the fantasy film "Casper" as Kathleen "Kat" Harvey, opposite Bill Pullman and Devon Sawa.
• 1995: Christina Ricci portrayed the title character in the independent film "The Baby-Sitters Club" based on the popular book series.
• 1999: Ricci appeared in the controversial drama film "Black Snake Moan" as Rae, a role that showcased her versatility as an actress.
• 2006: Christina Ricci played the role of Selby Wall in the biographical crime drama "Monster," starring Charlize Theron. Ricci's performance garnered positive reviews and earned her several award nominations.
• 2011-2012: Ricci starred as Maggie Ryan in the short-lived television series "Pan Am," set in the 1960s aviation industry.
• 2019: Ricci joined the cast of the drama series "Yellowstone" as Beth Dutton, a powerful businesswoman and daughter of the lead character played by Kevin Costner.
Christina Ricci Popular Film/TV Series:
• 1990: Mermaids
• 1991: The Addams Family
• 2020: Percy
• 2021: The Matrix Resurrections
• 2021: Rick and Morty (Television)
• 2021 - Present: Yellowjackets (Television)
• 2022: Wednesday (Television)
• 2022: Monstrous
Christina Ricci Awards:
• 1991: Young Artist Awards
• 1992: Fangoria Chainsaw Awards
• 1996: Saturn Awards
• 1998: Seattle International Film Festival| National Board of Review| YoungStar Awards
• 1999: Satellite Awards| Florida Film Critics Circle Awards
• 2000: Saturn Awards| Blockbuster Entertainment Awards| Young Hollywood Awards
Christina Ricci Unknown Facts:
• Name Inspiration: Christina Ricci's parents named her after the 1968 song "Christine's Tune" by The Flying Burrito Brothers.
• Breakthrough Role: Ricci gained widespread recognition for her role as Wednesday Addams in the film adaptation of "The Addams Family" (1991) and its sequel "Addams Family Values" (1993).
• Independent Film Success: Ricci has been associated with independent films throughout her career.
• Voice Acting: Ricci has lent her voice to various animated projects. She voiced the character of Vexy in the film "The Smurfs 2" (2013) and played the role of Marnie Piper in the "Halloweentown" film series.
• Fashion and Style: Ricci is known for her unique sense of fashion and often experiments with different styles. She has appeared on numerous best-dressed lists and has been involved in fashion campaigns.
Here're some popular profiles for you.