Last Updated: 09 Oct, 2023 | Views: 584
Other Profession(s): Model
Famous For: Indian actress acted in
Higher Education: College Dropout
Net Worth: $20 million
Deepika Padukone is an actress from India. Being one of the highest-paid actresses in India, Deepika has won three Filmfare Awards. Time put her on their 2018 list of the world’s 100 most influential people, and many consider her one of India’s most famous figures. Deepika was born in Copenhagen and grew up in Bangalore, the daughter of badminton player Prakash Padukone.
Deepika Padukone married Ranveer Singh at Lake Como, Italy, in traditional Konkani and Sindhi ceremonies in November 2018.
In 2006 – Deepika made her debut with Aishwarya in an Indrajit Lankesh's Kannada film.
In 2012 – Deepika's performance in the romantic comedy "Cocktail," directed by Homi Adajania, marked a turning point in her career.
In 2013 – She had established herself as a leading actress in Hindi cinema after appearing in four of the year's highest-grossing films.
In 2017 – Deepika made her first appearance in Hollywood with "XXX: Return of Xander Cage."
In 2022 – Deepika played a starring role in "Gehraiyaan," an infidelity drama released on Amazon Prime Video.
Achievements and Awards
• In 2007: Deepika won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the film "Om Shanti Om."
• In 2015: Deepika's film "Bajirao Mastani" was named Best Film, and she was nominated for Best Actress for the Second Time.
• In 2020: She got the Best Actress award at Filmfare for the film "Chhapaak."
• Deepika began her career as a model for Kingfisher, appearing in the company's yearly calendar. In 2005, she won the 'Kingfisher Model of the Year' title.
• A soap brand named Liril first approached Deepika years ago. This ad helped her secure another big endorsement deal with a toothpaste brand, Close-Up.