Last Updated: 04 Aug, 2022 | Views: 652
Other Profession(s): Model
Higher Education: Bachelors in Management Studies
Genelia Deshmukh is an actress and model from India known for her roles in Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu films. D'Souza began acting in 2003 with the box-office smash Tujhe Meri Kasam after earning broad recognition in a Parker Pen advertisement with Amitabh Bachchan. In the same year, she won an award for her performance in Boys.
On 3 February 2012, Genelia married Ritesh Deshmukh in a Hindu wedding ceremony, then the next day, they had a Christian wedding in the church. They have two sons, Rahyl and Riaan.
In 2003 – Genelia started her film career with "Tujhe Meri Kasam," which was a box-office blockbuster.
In 2006 – Her film "Bommarillu" was a box office hit, grossing ₹250 million rupees (US$3.3 million) in India.
In 2008 – She appeared in the film "Mr. Medhavi," which was a commercial success.
In 2011 – She worked alongside Vijay in the film "Velayudham," which was a box-office blockbuster.
In 2021 – Genelia made a cameo appearance in the film "Force 2."
Achievements and Awards
• In 2003 – She won CineMAA Award for Best Female Debut for the film "Satyam."
• In 2006 – Genelia received Nandi Special Jury Award for her performance in the film "Bommarillu."
• In 2007 – She got the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu nomination for the film "Dhee."
• She starred in her first ad alongside Amitabh Bachchan. They endorsed Parker pen, which helped her make a name for herself.
• Genelia also performed Indru, Naalai, and Netru theatrical shows to collect money for homeless women with mental disorders.
Here're some popular profiles for you.