Last Updated: 05 Aug, 2022 | Views: 166
Other Profession(s): Artist, Playback Singer
Higher Education: Graduate, Course in Journalism
Net Worth: $2.8 Million
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Nithya Menen
Nithya Menen is a Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada film actress and singer. She has appeared in almost 50 films and has won numerous awards, including three Filmfare Awards South and two Nandi Awards. Menen considers herself a Kannadiga and can't read or write Malayalam. She attended Poorna Prajna School and Mount Carmel College in Bangalore, where she completed her education. She went on to Manipal Academy of Higher Education to study journalism.
In 1998 – Nithya worked as a child artist in the French-Indian English film "The Monkey Who Knew Too Much."
In 2006 – She marked her debut with the Kannada film "7 O'Clock" in a supporting role.
In 2009 – Nithya appeared in the Kannada film "Josh," which became a box-office blockbuster.
In 2018 – Nithya starred in the film "Awe," She made history as the first popular South Indian actress to portray an LGBTQ psychologist.
In 2019 – Nithya debuted in Bollywood with the film "Mission Mangal" opposite Akshay Kumar.
Achievements and Awards
• In 2009 – She got a Filmfare Best Supporting Actress – Kannada nomination for her performance in the film "Josh."
• In 2015 – Nithya won Nandi Special Jury Award for the film "Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju."
• In 2018 – She received Filmfare Best Supporting Actress – Tamil Award for the film "Mersal."
• She has sung around 20 songs for her films as a playback singer. Nitya has sung Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu films with her mesmerizing voice.
• Despite being a child artist, she had no desire to pursue acting. So instead, she graduated with a journalism degree. She afterward tried her hand at filmmaking. But she intended to be an actress.