Last Updated: 26 Nov, 2023 | Views: 38
Profession: Business Men
Famous For: Co-founder Of TPG Capital
Higher Education: University of Washington, Harvard University
Net Worth: US$6.4 Billion
David Bonderman was born on November 27, 1942 in Los Angeles, California, U.S. David Bonderman is the founding partner of TPG Capital, and its Asian affiliate, Newbridge Capital.David Bonderman was educated there at University High School. David Bonderman studied at the University of Washington, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 1963, and at Harvard Law School, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1966.David Bonderman began providing the funding for the Bonderman Travel Fellowship at the University of Washington in 1995.
David Bonderman Career:
David Bonderman Work As Assistant Professor at Tulane University Law School:
• David Bonderman was an assistant professor at Tulane University Law School during 1967 and 1968; he then was a special assistant to the United States Attorney General during 1968 and 1969.
• David Bonderman joined the law firm of Arnold & Porter in Washington, D.C., where he became a partner and specialized in corporate, securities.
David Bonderman Joined the Robert M. Bass Group:
• In 1983, David Bonderman joined the Robert M. Bass Group, Inc. (RMBG), which now does business as Keystone Inc., and became the chief operating officer.
• David Bonderman has been a principal at TPG Capital in Fort Worth, Texas, since December 1992, where he is also co-founder and chairman.
David Bonderman Work As Director of Continental Airlines:
• David Bondermanwas a director of Continental Airlines, Böwe Bell & Howell, Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A., Credicom Asia, the National Education Corp., Beringer Wine Estates, Carr Realty, Virgin Cinemas, CoStar Group, Gemalto, and Ryanair.
• David Bonderman is on the boards of The Wilderness Society, the Grand Canyon Trust, the World-Wide Fund for Nature, The University of Washington Foundation and the American Himalayan Foundation.
David Bonderman Work forWildcat, Infinity Q, Velissaris:
• Wildcat Capital Management was originally David Bonderman's family office.
• In early 2019, a mutual fund named Infinity Q Diversified Alpha Fund had reportedly said on its website that the "investment team and control functions are largely the same for both Wildcat and Infinity Q.
David Bonderman Work AsPassive Investors:
• Velissaris was identified as having been majority owner and in control of the fund with David Bondermanfamily investment interests as passive investors in it.
• Infinity Q was expected to present a plan to distribute funds to investors by May 24, the report concluded.
David Bonderman Awards:
• 1999: Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement
• 2004: The M&A Advisor Hall of Fame
• 2016: Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship
• 2017: Texas Business Hall of Fame
David Bonderman Unknown Facts:
• Held a private concert: In 2012, for his 70th birthday party, David Bondermanheld a private concert by former The Beatles member Paul McCartney at Wynn Las Vegas for 1,020 guests.
• Donated $1000 to each guest's charity: In 2012, David Bonderman donated $1000 to each guest's charity of choice.