Last Updated: 25 May, 2022 | Views: 82
Profession: Business Men
Other Profession(s): Politician, Philanthropist, Investor
Higher Education: Bachelor of Arts
Net Worth: US$48.4 billion
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Jack Ma
Jack Ma Yun is a Chinese philanthropist, business entrepreneur, and investor. He is the co-founder and previous chairman of the Alibaba Group, a worldwide technological company. He also helped establish Yunfeng Capital, a Chinese private equity business. Jack is a major supporter of a market-driven, open economy. Jack received a Bachelor of Arts in English from Hangzhou Teacher's Institute (now known as Hangzhou Normal University) in 1988. Jack was the president of the student council in his high school. He went on to teach English and international trade at Hangzhou Dianzi University after graduation.
In 1994 – Jack's first business venture was Hangzhou Haibo Translation Agency.
In 1995 – Jack Ma and He Yibing (a computer tutor) established the first China Pages office, and Ma began his second company.
In 1999 – He founded "Alibaba," a business-to-business marketplace located in China.
In 2003 – Jack founded Taobao Marketplace, Ali Mama, Alipay, and Lynx to better the global e-commerce system.
In 2020 – He announced his retirement from Alibaba.
Achievements and Awards
• In 2004 – He was named one of China Central Television's (CCTV) "Top 10 Economic Personalities of the Year."
• In 2008 – Jack was named one of the 30 "World's Best CEOs" by Barron's.
• In 2015 – He received the Asian Award for Entrepreneur of the Year.
• He began seeking other options after quitting his teaching position. He launched a modest translation and interpreting business after being rejected by KFC.
• Jack is also known as Feng Quinyang, a renowned swordsman known for his unforeseeable nature, aggressive approach, and reluctance. The nickname is more appropriate to his business practices than his public life.