Last Updated: 20 May, 2022 | Views: 100
Profession: Business Men
Other Profession(s): Entrepreneur, Investor, Industrial Designer, Media Proprietor
Higher Education: College Dropout
Net Worth: $250 million
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Steven Paul Jobs
Steven Paul Jobs was a business magnate, inventor, entrepreneur, media mogul, and investor from the United States. He was Apple's co-founder, chairman, and CEO; Pixar's majority shareholder and chairman; a member of the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company after Pixar; and the founder, chairman, and CEO of NeXT. Steve, along with his early business colleague and fellow Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, are widely regarded as pioneers of the personal computer revolution of the 1970s and 1980s.
In 1991, Steve Jobs married Laurene Powell. They have four children.
In 1974 – Steve joined Atari, Inc. in Los Gatos, California as a technician.
In 1976 – Steve, Wozniak, and administrator Ronald Wayne established Apple Computer Company (now Apple Inc.).
In 1977 – Steve and Wozniak unveiled the Apple II at the West Coast Computer Faire.
In 1985 – He started NeXT Inc. with $7 million after resigning from Apple.
In 1986 – He funded the spinoff of Lucasfilm's computer graphics branch, The Graphics Group (eventually renamed Pixar).
Achievements and Awards
• In 1985 – US President Ronald Reagan awarded him the National Medal of Technology.
• 2004–2010 – Five times named to Time magazine's list of the world's 100 most influential people.
• In 2012 – Steve was honored with the Grammy Trustees Award.
• Steve's childhood ambition was to become a Buddhist monk. However, a journey to India in 1974 inspired a lifetime passion for Buddhism in him that lasted the rest of his life.
• Much has been said about how Steve Jobs chose the company's name. However, it is stated that he used to harvest fruits from organic farms as a fruitarian. During one of these tours, Steve had the idea for the name Apple.