Last Updated: 31 May, 2022 | Views: 65
Other Profession(s): Business Women
Higher Education: Kettering University (BS), Stanford University (MBA)
Net Worth: $169 Million
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Mary Barra
Mary Teresa Barra is the first female CEO of 'Big Three' Automaker. Since 2014, she has been the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chair of the Board of General Motors. She pursued her Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from Kettering University (General Motors Institute's prior name). Later on, Marry Barra got sponsorship from General Motors to study for a Master of Business Administration MBA from Stanford University. Marry Barra was executive vice president of global product development, purchasing, and supply chain. She started working for General Motors Institute as a cooperative student at 18. Marry Barra used to work to pay her college tuition fee.
• In 2008: Marry Barra became the vice president of Global Manufacturing Engineering. In 2013, she became the global purchasing and supply chain vice president.
• In 2014: Mary became the first female head of an Automobile Manufacturer. And she took over as CEO of General Motors.
• In 2017: Marry Barra was the fourth woman and 12th person elected to the board of Disney.
• In 2017: Barra decided to make driverless and electric power cars (Chevy Bolt EV was the first electric car of G.M. priced under $40,000).
• In 2018: marry Barra announced the layoff of 14,000 and closure of five North American plants.
Awards and Achievements
• In 2013, Marry Barra ranked 35th on the World's Most Powerful Women list and fourth in 2018.
• In 2021: Marry Barra was on the list of 100 most influential people in the world In Time100.
• Marry Barra is a member of Duke University Board of Trustee and Stanford University Board of Trustee.
• During the pandemic, General Motors made the ventilators to help plug the global shortage within 30 days.