Last Updated: 31 May, 2022 | Views: 180
Other Profession(s): Actor, Director, Choreographer
Higher Education: School Dropout
Net Worth: $16 million
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Ganesh Acharya
Ganesh Acharya is one of the most famous Indian choreographers who work primarily in Hindi films. Ganesh Acharya choreographed numerous films, including Judwaa 2, Zero, etc. The first time, Ganesh Acharya appeared in the movie Any Body Can Dance (ABCD). His father was also a choreographer and a dancer, but he died when Ganesh was 11. Ganesh started his career working under the Late Choreographer Kamalji as an assistant. In 2007, he received the Filmfare Award for the song Beedi (Omkara) in the category of Best Choreographer.
• In 2006: Ganesh Acharya did five notable films Rang De Basanti, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Phir Hera Pheri, Omkara, and Golmaal.
• In 2007: Ganesh Acharya directed his debut movie, Swami. It stars Manioj Bajpai and Juhi chawla.
• In 2012: The song of Katrina Kaif’s movie Agneepath Chikni Chameli was choreographed by the Ganesh Acharya.
• In 2015: Ganesh Acharya appeared in the movie Welcome Back, directed by Anees Bazmee.
• In 2021: Ganesh Acharya choreographed the Oo Antava song of the movie Pushpa: The Rise.
Awards and Achievement:
• In 2013: Ganesh received the National Film Award for his work on the song Hawan Khund for Best Choreographer.
• In 2015: Ganesh Acharya was nominated for his song Malhaari in the category of the best choreographer.
• He started working on the movie Anaam (1992). It was his debut film.
• Ganesh Acharya founded his dance company at the age of 12, and he became a choreographer at the age of 19.