Last Updated: 07 Jun, 2022 | Views: 172
Other Profession(s): Army Officer
Higher Education: Government High School, Aurangabad Ahir, Bulandshahar
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Yogendra Singh Yadav
Yogendra Singh Yadav is the youngest person who received the honor of Param Vir Chakra (PVC). Yogendra Singh is a retired commissioned officer in the Indian Army. He completed his education at the Government High School. His father was part of the Indian Army in the Kumaon Regiment and indulged in the 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pakistan wars. At the age of 16, Yogendra Yadav joined Indian Army. He was part of successful missions such as the Kargil War, Operation Vijay, and the Battle of Tiger Hill.
• In 1996: Subedar Major Yogendra Singh joined Indian Army and was part of the "Manekshaw Battalion."
• In 1999: During the battle of Tiger Hill, Yogendra Singh was hit by 12 bullets and played a prominent role in its capture. Still, he killed four Pakistani soldiers.
• In 2021: Subedar Major Yogendra Singh was honored with the honorary rank of Captain in Indian Army.
• In 2020: Actor Amitabh Bachchan invited Subedar Major Yogendra Singh to the popular television show Kaun Banega Crorepati along with Subedar Sanjay Kumar.
Awards and Achievement:
• He received the Param Vir Chakra by the President of India for his action in Kargil War.
• Yogendra Singh received the Uttar Pradesh Highest Award, "Yash Bharti."
• The Param Vir Chakra has declared for Yogendra Singh Yadav posthumously. Still, it was figured out that he was recovering in a hospital, and it was his namesake who had been assassinated in the mission.
• The Soldier has become the example of most evident courage and determination under highly unfavorable circumstances.