Last Updated: 07 Jun, 2022 | Views: 42
Other Profession(s): Writer, Neurosurgeon, Medical Reporter
Higher Education: University of Michigan (BS, MD)
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Sanjay Gupta
Sanjay Gupta is one of the most famous American Neurosurgeons, Medical reporters, and writers. Sanjay Gupta completed his bachelor of science (B.S) from the University of Michigan in biomedical science and MD at the University of Michigan. He has been appointed as the president of Indian American Student Association (IASA). In addition, Sanjay has been appointed as the associate professor of Neurosurgery at Emory University School of medicine, associate chief of Neurosurgery at the Grady Memorial School, etc. In addition, Gupta is famous for his appearances on many TV shows on health-related issues.
• In 2001: Sanjay Gupta joined CNN and reported on the U.S attack from New York.
• In 2003: He moved to Iraq to cover the Medical aspect of the Invasion of Iraq.
• In 2007: Sanjay Gupta appeared in the health episode of CBS News Sunday Morning as a guest host.
• In 2012: His Novel “Monday Morning” became famous as an instant New York Times bestseller when released.
• In 2011: Sanjay appeared in the movie Contagion, which became popular during the pandemic.
Awards and Achievement:
• In 2018: For his accomplishment in the Medical field, Sanjay received the award honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree.
• In 2016: Gupta addressed the Oregon health and science university graduating class.
• Sanjay Gupta has been a part of the American Academy of Arts and Science since 2021.
• Gupta had been appointed as a Surgeon General of united state by President Barack Obama.