Last Updated: 05 Oct, 2023 | Views: 571
Profession: Fashion Designer
Other Profession(s): Entrepreneur, Disc Jockey
Famous For: Founder Of The Fashion Label Off-White And The Creative Director Of Louis Vuitton Menswear.
Higher Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering , Master of Architecture
Virgil Abloh wasn’t always the fashion designer everyone knew him as. Before his death, he was just someone who went to school for civil engineering. Not too long after getting a B.S in it from the University of Wisconsin Madison he went to the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) to take postgraduate courses in architecture. While there, he landed an intern role at Fendi. He never thought about fashion design until later on. He managed to make friends with someone that eventually became a very well known figure in music — Kanye West. Later on, Abloh went on to be the CEO for Off-White label before being diagnosed with Cardiac Angiosarcoma. A type of Cancer that shuts down your heart and killed him at just 41 years old
• In 2012: Abloh designed the cover art for the self-titled debut of” WZRD.”
• In 2019: Abloh was appointed as the board of directors of The Council of fashion designer week.
• In 2019: His first solo art exhibition was organized at the Museum of Contemporary art in Chicago.
• In 2020: Abloh launches the actual cover for Pop Smoke album, shoots for the stars, etc.
• In 2018: Hailey Bieber wore an Off-White gown and veil for her wedding day, designed by Abloh.
Awards and Achievement:
• In 2017: Abloh received the Urban Luxe award at the British Fashion Awards.
• In 2019: Abloh was nominated for Menswear Designer of the Year.
• After his 2018 collection, he placed the position of Kim Jones (who left the 164-year-old label).
• Abloh disclosed his women's wear line collections at the Paris Fashion Week.