Last Updated: 06 Jun, 2022 | Views: 44
Profession: Fashion Designer
Other Profession(s): Entrepreneur, Disc Jockey
Higher Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering , Master of Architecture
Birth Date, Sign & Religion Details
About Virgil Abloh
Virgil Abloh was one of the most famous American fashion designers. In addition, he was an entrepreneur. He completed his Bachelor of Science (B.S) in Civil Engineering from the University of Wisconsin Madison and Post-graduation in Architecture from the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). Abloh did his internship at Fendi. He was the classmate of rapper Kenya west. He was appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) of the Off-White label. At the age of 41, he died because he was diagnosed with cardiac angiosarcoma (a type of cancer).
• In 2012: Abloh designed the cover art for the self-titled debut of” WZRD.”
• In 2019: Abloh was appointed as the board of directors of The Council of fashion designer week.
• In 2019: His first solo art exhibition was organized at the Museum of Contemporary art in Chicago.
• In 2020: Abloh launches the actual cover for Pop Smoke album, shoots for the stars, etc.
• In 2018: Hailey Bieber wore an Off-White gown and veil for her wedding day, designed by Abloh.
Awards and Achievement:
• In 2017: Abloh received the Urban Luxe award at the British Fashion Awards.
• In 2019: Abloh was nominated for Menswear Designer of the Year.
• After his 2018 collection, he placed the position of Kim Jones (who left the 164-year-old label).
• Abloh disclosed his women's wear line collections at the Paris Fashion Week.