Last Updated: 05 Jun, 2023 | Views: 448
Famous For: Inventor Of The Espresso Machine
Angelo Moriondo was one of the most famous Italian inventors known for his invention of the Expresso Machine. Moriondo belonged to an Entrepreneurial family, and his grandfather had a liquor company which his Father managed. He founded a chocolate company, “Moriondo, Gariglio”, along with his cousin Gariglio. Angelo started his career by purchasing the Grand Hotel Liquor.
• In 1884: Moriondo showed his expresso Machine at the General Expo in Turin.
• In 1884: Moriondo got the patent for six months on 16 May.
• In 1884: Moriondo successfully updated the patent on 20 May.
• In 1885: Angelo finally got the international patent application after being registered in Paris.
• In 1885: Moriondo continued to improve his invention because each improvement was patented.
Awards and Legacy:
• In 1884: Moriondo received the bronze medal for his invention.
• In 2022: Google Celebrated the 171st birthday of the inventor of the Expresso Machine and said that "Today, coffee lovers sip in tribute to the godfather of espresso machines,"
• A historian, Ian Bersten, reported the history of coffee, depicted the machine that "the first Italian bar device that managed the supply of steam and water individually through the coffee" and Moriondo as "one of the earliest founders of the espresso machine." far from the later espresso machines, it was a bulk brewer and did not brew coffee for the each and every customer.