Last Updated: 19 Jun, 2023 | Views: 189
Other Profession(s): Writer, Producer, Television Journalist
Famous For: Co-Anchor of CNBC's Squawk Box
Higher Education: Graduated
Andrew Ross Sorkin was born on 19th February 1977 and is an American journalist and author. CNBC's Squawk Box is co-anchored by him, and his financial column appears in The New York Times. The New York Times also publishes DealBook, a financial news service. He co-wrote and produced HBO Films' film adaptation of Too Big to Fail. His Showtime series Billions is also co-created by him.
Andrew Ross Sorkin Career:
Andrew Ross Sorkin began interning at The New York Times during his senior year in high school. His work for the newspaper also continued while he was in college, and he published 71 articles in the paper before he graduated.
Mergers And Acquisitions Reporter
• His first full-time role at The New York Times was as a reporter covering European mergers and acquisitions in 1999. He joined the paper in 2000 as chief mergers and acquisitions reporter.
• The government has bailed out many major investment banks due to Wall Street's financial crisis, including Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers. The American auto industry has also been the subject of his writings.
• In 2007, Andrew Ross Sorkin was the first journalist to identify and criticize a tax loophole for hedge funds and private equity firms. First, he discussed the issue in a column in March 2007, calling it a charade. He published his article later that day in The New York Times.
• Andrew Ross Sorkin wrote a series of columns in 2014 criticizing American corporations for merging with smaller foreign companies to reduce their tax bills.
Andrew Ross Sorkin Awards:
• 2005: Gerald Loeb Award | Society of American Business Editors and Writers Award
• 2007: Young Global Leader
Andrew Ross Sorkin Unknown Facts:
• Andrew Ross Sorkin actively supports philanthropic endeavors, using his influence and resources. His involvement in financial literacy initiatives has been focused on young people, especially. He believes that the importance of financial understanding and responsible decision-making is underscored by his commitment to empowering individuals with financial knowledge.
• Andrew Ross Sorkin has advocated for reducing mental illness stigma and raising awareness about mental health. His platform has been used to promote mental health awareness and open communication about anxiety and depression.