Last Updated: 21 Aug, 2023 | Views: 91
Other Profession(s): Lawyer
Famous For: 56th Governor of New York
Higher Education: Fordham University (BA),Albany Law School (JD)
Net Worth: $7 Million Approx.
Andrew Cuomo was born December 6, 1957 in New York City, U.S. Andrew Cuomo is a politician, lawyer, and former government official who served as the 56th governor of New York from 2011 to 2021. A member of the Democratic Party, Andrew Cuomo was elected to the same position that his father, Mario Cuomo, held for three terms. From 1984 to 1985, Cuomo was a New York assistant district attorney and briefly worked at the law firm of Blutrich, Falcone & Miller.
Andrew Cuomo Career:
Andrew Cuomo Work As Secretary of Housing and Urban Development:
• Cuomo was appointed Assistant Secretary for Community Planning and Development in the Department of Housing and Urban Development in 1993, a member of President Bill Clinton's administration.
• After the departure of Secretary Henry Cisneros at the end of Clinton's first term under the cloud of an FBI investigation, Cuomo was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate to succeed him as Secretary of HUD.
Andrew Cuomo Work in Private sector:
• From 2001 to 2006, Cuomo was not in government. Andrew Cuomoworked at the Fried Frank law firm from 2001 to 2004 and later the Island Capital real estate firm.
• Andrew Cuomo first ran for the Democratic nomination for the New York governor seat in 2002.
Andrew Cuomo New York Gubernatorial Election:
• Andrew Cuomowas initially the favorite for the nomination and led in fundraising and polls, but his campaign took serious damage after a gaffe.
• Speaking about the aftermath of the September 11 attacks, Andrew Cuomo said, "Pataki stood behind the leader.
Andrew Cuomo New York Attorney General:
• Andrew Cuomodeclared his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for New York State attorney general in 2006 and on May 30, 2006, captured the Democratic Party's endorsement, receiving 65% of the delegates.
• Andrew Cuomowon the endorsement, former New York City public advocate Mark J. Green and two-time candidate for Lieutenant Governor Charlie King.
Andrew Cuomo Start Work As Governor of New York
• Andrew Cuomo took the gubernatorial oath of office at 12:01 a.m. on January 1, 2011, succeeding David Paterson.
• In February 2023, Andrew Cuomo criticized President Biden over the problems stemming from the Mexican border and migrants being displaced within the United States.
Andrew Cuomo Awards
• 2020: International Emmy Founders Award
Andrew Cuomo Unknown Facts
• Andrew Cuomo Support Same-sex Marriage: Andrew Cuomo was lauded for his efforts to pass same-sex marriage legislation. One prominent advocate stated that for gay Americans, Cuomo was "the only national politician with hero status.
• Andrew Cuomo Support Startup NY: In July 2016, the Empire State Development Corporation, a state agency, released a report indicating that the state's flagship business tax incentive program, called Start-Up NY.