Last Updated: 26 Jul, 2023 | Views: 111
Other Profession(s): Business Men
Famous For: 83rd Governor Of Georgia
Higher Education: University of Georgia (BS)
Net Worth: $3 Million Approx.
Brian Porter Kemp was born on 2nd November 1963. He is an American politician and businessman who has been Georgia's 83rd governor since January 2019. In addition to serving as Georgia's 27th secretary of state from 2010 to 2018, Republican Party member Kemp also served in the Georgia State Senate from 2003 to 2007.
Brian Kemp Career:
Brian Kemp Early Life
• Brian Kemp, the son of William L. Kemp II, was born in Athens, Georgia, into a well-known family with a long history of political influence. Julian H. Cox, Kemp's grandpa, served in the Georgia legislature.
• Up until the ninth grade, Kemp attended the exclusive Athens Academy. Then, to play football for Billy Henderson, he transferred to Clarke Central High School, where he eventually graduated in 1983. He later earned a degree in agriculture from the University of Georgia.
Brian Kemp Received Criticism In 2017
• In 2017, Brian Kempwas criticized once more after it came to light that a state voting system breach had allowed Kennesaw State University researchers to access the personal data of more than six million Georgia voters.
Brian Kemp Announced His Candidacy For The 2018
• In the six-way Republican primary, which took place in March 2017, he officially declared his candidature for the 2018 Georgia governor's race alongside Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle.
Brian Kemp Reelected For Another Term In 2014
• Brian Kempwas elected to a second term in 2014. In October 2015, his administration released 6.2 million Georgia voters' personal information, including Social Security numbers and dates of birth, without their consent.
Brian Kemp Georgia Secretary Of State
• Early in 2010, then-Gov. Sonny Perdue named Kemp Georgia's Secretary of State.
• Brian Kempreceived 56.4% of the vote in the 2010 election for a full term as secretary of state, compared to GeorgannaSinkfield, the Democratic contender, who received 39.4%. Kemp was reelected four years later.
• Brian Kempdisagrees with the conclusion reached by the US intelligence community that Russia interfered with the 2016 presidential election.
Brian Kemp Personal Life
On 8th January 1994, Kemp wed Marty Argo, a daughter of longtime Georgia House of Representatives member Bob Argo; the couple had three kids. The family attends Athens' Emmanuel Episcopal Church.
Here're some popular profiles for you.