David Green Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, DOB(Famous Birthday), Family, Wife, Net Worth

By Marisa Luisa
Marisa Luisa, Content Moderator
Marisa, a skilled quiz writer at The Famous Personalities. She’s a quiz writer who knows how to make learning fun. Her quizzes cover all sorts of cool stuff like films, series, singers, and even academic topics.
, Content Moderator
Approved & Edited by TFP Editorial Team
On The Famous Personalities, our editorial team is made up of a few different types of people. We have subject experts, trivia writers, Famous personality profile writers and quiz masters who create quizzes and write profiles for millions to take. They’ve authored over 2,000+ biographies and 1200+ quizzes, all taken by at least 1 million users. To make sure that everything is perfect, they are trained by our comprehensive guidelines and work around the clock.
> <
  • David Green - images
  • David Green - images

David Green

Last Updated: 13 Nov, 2023 | Views: 314

Age: 82

Profession: CEO

Other Profession(s): Business Men, Entrepreneur

Famous For: Founder Of Hobby Lobby

Net Worth: $15 Billion

David Green Birth Date, Sign, Religion, Nationality, Hometown

Date of Birth
13 Nov, 1941 (82 Years 07 Months 4 Days)

Birth Country
United States

Birth State/Province
Kansas

Birth District
Emporia

Birth Sign
Scorpio

Religion
Christianity

Nationalities
American

David Green Early life, Education, Career, Awards, Achievements, Controversy, Unknown Facts

About (Profile/Biography):
David Green was born on November 13, 1941. He founded hobby Lobby, an American billionaire businessman. His support of Evangelical organizations in the United States led to the establishment of the Museum of the Bible in Washington.
David Green Career:
• David Green, a preacher's son from a poor background, opened Hobby Lobby with a $600 loan in 1970.
• David Green has grown his empire from a 300-square-foot store in Oklahoma City to 970 locations with sales of $7.7 billion.
• David Green still serves as Hobby Lobby's CEO and works six days a week as a devout Christian.
• In January 2022, stores will be closed on Sundays, and wages will be well above the federal minimum wage of $18.50 per hour.
• According to him, 90% of the company will be donated to charity, with the remaining 10% going to his family
• David Green is a major donor to the $100 million campaign He Gets Us, which ran two ads during the 2023 Super Bowl to promote Jesus and Christianity.
• A 2014 Supreme Court case exempted "closely held" companies from providing employees with the morning-after pill because of strong religious beliefs.
David Green Early Life
• David Green was born in Kansas on November 13, 1941. He grew up poor but made the most of what he had along the way.
• His company was later founded based on this trait. He decided to start a business in 1970. He took out a loan of 600 dollars to start Greco Products in his garage.
• David Green assembled and sold miniature picture frames there. His business flourished so much that he opened a 300-square-foot store by the middle of 1971.
David Green Museum Of The Bible
• David Green financed the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C., for $500 million. Earlier this year, CBP announced that they had returned 3,800 ancient artifacts from Hobby Lobby to Iraq.
• Bloomberg reported in July 2020 that the museum acquired between $2 million and $5 million from the Paycheck Protection Program (an average salary of $38,000 to $97,000).
David Green Personal Life:
• David Green grew up in Altus, Oklahoma, where his father was a Christian pastor. He has five siblings who are pastors or pastors' wives.
• David Green lives with his wife, Barbara, in southwest Oklahoma City. Their three children own Hobby Lobby. He is the founder and CEO of Mardel Christian & Education bookstore and Every Tribe Entertainment.

David Green Height, Weight, Eye Color, Hair

Height (Approx.)
In Centimeters 175 cm
In Meters 1.75 m
In feet Inches 5'9"

Weight (Approx.)
In Kilograms 68 Kg
In Pounds 149 lbs

Eye Color
Brown

Hair Color
White

David Green Family, Parents, Kids, Father, Mother, Children

Father's Name
-

Mother's Name
-

Spouse
Barbara Green

Brother(s)
-

Sister(s)
-

Son(s)
Mart Green, Steve Green

Daughter(s)
Darsee Lett

Report an issue or send feedback
×

Wait!
Here're some popular profiles for you.