Last Updated: 03 Sep, 2023 | Views: 187
Other Profession(s): Actress, Choreographer
Famous For: Popular as “Velma”
Higher Education: Queensborough Community College
Net Worth: $8 Million Approx.
Harriet Rene "Khandi" Alexander was born on September 4, 1957. She is an American dancer. Khandi Alexander began her career as a dancer and choreographer. Alexander's dance skills and passion for movement would later become assets in her acting career.
Khandi Alexander Career:
Khandi Alexander Fame on Broadway:
• Alexander gained recognition for her work in theater, particularly for her role as Velma in the original Broadway production of the musical "Chicago."
• Her performance garnered critical acclaim and helped establish her as a talented performer.
Khandi Alexander Television Breakthrough:
• In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Alexander transitioned to television and landed notable roles.
• She played the character of Aileen Lewis in the acclaimed drama series "A Different World" from 1987 to 1988.
• Her portrayal of a college student dealing with HIV/AIDS received praise for its sensitivity and realism.
Khandi Alexander Roxie and Cane:
• Alexander had a recurring role as Roxie in the hit comedy series "NewsRadio" from 1995 to 1998.
• In addition, Alexander starred as Lily Cane in the soap opera "All My Children" from 1999 to 2000.
Khandi Alexander "ER" and Emmy Nomination:
• One of Alexander's most prominent television roles came in the medical drama series "ER."
• She portrayed the complex and talented surgeon Dr. Alexx Woods from 2000 to 2008.
Khandi Alexander "CSI: Miami":
• Alexander joined the popular crime procedural series "CSI: Miami" in 2002, where she played the role of coroner Dr. Alexx Woods.
• Her character brought compassion and depth to the show, and she remained with the series until 2008.
Khandi Alexander Film Appearances:
• Alongside her television work, Alexander has appeared in several films. Her performances showcased her versatility as an actress.
Khandi Alexander "Scandal" and "Treme":
• Alexander had recurring roles in two critically acclaimed television series. In the political drama "Scandal," she portrayed Maya Lewis from 2013 to 2014.
• Her performances in both shows garnered praise from critics.
Khandi Alexander "The Corner" and Emmy Win:
• Alexander's talent received an Emmy Award. Her powerful portrayal of a drug-addicted mother showcased her acting range and earned critical acclaim.
Khandi Alexander Awards:
• 2001: Black Reel Awards
• 2005: NAACP Image Award
• 2011: Vision Award
• 2015: NAACP Image Award