Last Updated: 31 Jul, 2023 | Views: 161
Profession: Fashion Designer
Famous For: Creative Director Of Fashion Brands Céline From 2008 To 2018
Higher Education: Graduated
Phoebe Philo was born on 25 October 1973. Her profession is that of a fashion designer. Previously, she was the creative director of Céline from 2008 to 2018 and Chloé from 2001 to 2006. At the age of 14, after receiving a sewing machine from her parents as a birthday present, she began customizing her clothes.
Phoebe Philo Career:
Phoebe Philo Education
Phoebe Philo graduated from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London in 1996. Her final student collection was later described as having a "Latino influence and huge gold jewelry" by The Guardian. Chloé hired her as Stella McCartney's first assistant for the ready-to-wear collection in Paris shortly after.
Phoebe Philo: Chloé, 1997–2006
• Phoebe Philo joined Chloé in 1997 as Stella McCartney's design assistant, eventually taking over as creative director.
• Sophie Hicks was commissioned by Philo in 2002 to design a concept for the Chloé stores.
• Phoebe Philo left Chloé in 2006. Her second child was born in London after she moved home to be with her family.
• According to The Guardian, Phoebe Philo explored launching her line after stepping down from Chloé, but "the time wasn't right."
Phoebe Philo: Céline, 2008–2017
• Phoebe Philo was hired as creative director and board member of French Maison Céline by LVMH in 2008.
• Phoebe Philo announced to her team in 2017 that she would be leaving Céline after the Pre-Fall 2018 collection after 10 years with the company.
• Phoebe Philo designed a series of phenomenally successful bags at Céline, including the Trapeze and Luggage totes and the slim Trio cross-body.
• Phoebe Philo also created a sandal with a mink-covered footbed inspired by classic Birkenstocks in 2013.
Phoebe Philo 2021–Present
• Phoebe Philo announced in 2021 that she would launch a brand under her name. The company holds a minority stake in LVMH.
Phoebe Philo Personal Life
• Phoebe Philo married English art dealer and gallerist Max Wigram (b. 1966) in July 2004. They live in Brondesbury, London, and have three children; Solange Azagury-Partridge is Philo's godmother.
Phoebe Philo Awards:
• 2011: International Designer of the Year Award
• 2010: British Designer of the Year Award
• 2005: British Designer of the Year Award
• 2003: Best Dressed Year Award